1. On of the most popular theory on Valentine's Day origin is that Emperor Claudius II did not want Roman men to get married during wartime. Bishop Valentine went against Emperors wishes and performed secret weddings. Because of that Bishop Valentine was put in jail and was later executed. While in jail he wrote a note to a jailor's daugter and sign it with "from your Valentine".
2. About 3% of pet owners will give Valentine’s Day gifts to their pets.
3. About 15 percent of U.S. women send themselves flowers on Valentine's Day.
4. Over $1 billion worth of chocolate is purchased for Valentine's Day in the U.S.
5. More than 35 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate will be sold for Valentine's Day.
6. Approximately one billion valentines are sent each year worldwide, making it the second largest card-sending holiday of the year behind Christmas.
7. Average number of wedding proposals on Valentine's Day each year is 220,000.
8. According to the condom company Durex, condom sales are highest around Valentine's Day, which are 20–30% higher than usual ;)
What are you going to do on Valentines Day? Whatever you do, opening a box of a delicious chocolate seems a good way to start this awesome day of love.